Historia Martwej drogi
Budowę szlaku kolejowego rozpoczęto w 1947 roku. Większość pracowników (według obliczeń nawet 100 000) stanowili więźniowie obozów pracy Gułag.
Yanov Stan is a meteorological station on the Turukhan River. One of the main construction centres during the building of the Dead Road.
Today just two meteorologists live at the station (they receive supplies just once a year; the nearest human settlement is 200 kilometres away). Today four pillars remain from a large bridge prisoners built across the Turukhan; there are also at least two overturned locomotives and other railway equipment. The bridge and locomotive can be viewed here.